Wellness seems to be the buzz word of 2018 and I couldn't be happier for it!
Having said that, what does wellness mean to you?
For us at Bowho, it isn’t just one thing you have to do daily or eat often, it's a powerful state of existence that goes deeper than weight loss and perfect teeth or six pack abs. It's what embodies who we are as human beings.
At a time when over consumerism is rife - extreme workouts, extreme diets, over consumption of social media, shopping addiction/retail therapy (can buying things really be a hobby or a form of therapy? Perhaps only in the 21st century), the pressure to go on at least one ‘holiday’ a year. Wellness seems to be a breath of fresh air, a way to stay grounded, a way to create a healthy balance.
So what is it you ask? The art of being well, like life, it's fluid and very simple if you let it be.
- Wellness is about taking your mental health as serious as your physical health and respecting the relationship between both.
- It's about coming into your consciousness, learning to be mindful enough to stay present as often as you can.
- It's about being selfish (prioritising nourishment of your soul) in order to be self less.
- It's about really understanding self love, getting to the point were you can open yourself enough to give genuine love to the universe and be open to receive that love back.
- It's about taking responsibility of your inner space.
In more practical day to day terms it's about;
- Letting go of negativity.
- Learning acceptance instead of resistance in some situations.
- It's about switching off from social media and all the other noises around you by switching on internally.
- It's about finding 10 mins everyday to listen to your heartbeat and just breathe.
- It's about enjoying the present moment instead of making it a means to an end.
We have put together a fun 11 day wellness challenge to set you up on your journey!
Follow us on Instagram and do the challenge alongside us!
Starts 1st of March.
Rules for our 11 days of wellness challenge;
- Say a positive affirmation to yourself daily (buy our wellness kit or make one up yourself).
- Make a list of 11 activities that make you happy (available in our kit too!) Commit to doing one of these daily.
- Take 10 mins each day just for yourself - maybe meditate or say a prayer.
- Reduce exposure to social media to 30 mins a day or less.
- Write down at least one thing you are grateful for everyday.
- Eat more mindfully and if at all helpful write down what you eat.
- Get 8 hrs of sleep daily.
- Move for 30 mins for 11 days.
It's as simple as that!
Hope you can join the wellness revolution with us!
Peace and Love xx