Whether it's that crisp, cold chill in the air, the smell of pumpkin spice lattes wafting from the cafe or jumping into crisp leaves, there really is something that is so great about Autumn. It brings the promise of a fresh start, more time spent with loved ones and that there's no such thing as having too many winter knits. Autumn made us do it, promise... If the gradually changing colour of leaves, cosy evenings and hot chocolates isn't enough to get you excited for the greatest season of all, here's 10 reasons why autumn really is the best!
1.Spiced lattes- Is there anything better than coming in from the cold to a big mug of warming spices in rich creamy coconut milk….??
2. As the season transitions into Autumn, the leaves do too, and it's beautiful. All the oranges, reds and browns…did you know the bowholife design was actually inspired by autumn?? there's just something so beautiful and calming about it.
3. Halloween, the spookiest time of all ! Picking your own pumpkin, pumpkin pie, dressing up, children trick’n’treating, spooking Halloween trails…. All time spent with loved ones. Don’t forget to enjoy every minute of it
4.The early cold nights bring log fires….and pyjamas at 5pm!!! Nothing beats knitting or reading a book by the fire with a hot chocolate in hand
5. Pumpkin spice lattes, not the syrupy ones from the chain coffee shops but the real pumpkin spiced latte made with pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cinnamon, all spice…coconut milk
6. Hibernating! Evenings spent baking pies and cookies with the little ones, an excuse to have a cup of hot cocoa with them in bed
7. It's all about the Hygge nights in when Autumn comes around, we're talking cosy nights on the sofa with blankets, candles lit, yummy snacks, with the wind and rain hammering against the window. Ahhh, we feel calmer already just thinking about it! Here's to plenty more Hygge evenings this Autumn.
8. We call autumn- Cafe Season- There’s something so nostalgic about walking past a dim lit café at 5pm, watching people sip their big mugs of spiced lattes engrossed in a book or in conversation with friends.
9. Autumn weddings- The colours, the romance in the air, lanterns, seeing couples in love…everyone should get married in autumn!
10. Long autumnal Walks- Nothing beats a crisp autumnal morning walk, or an early evening post school run walk on the moors, all wrapped up warm with the kids running ahead exploring and laughing ….sooo dreamy.
This season is such a romantic one, a time of love and comfort, of hugs and cuddles and lots and lots of laughter, remember to allow yourself to be in the moment and really enjoy it all because each season is so magical and I feel we are so lucky to be here to experience it.What's your favourite thing about Autumn? Until next time, catch us over on our Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram for plenty more feel good inspiration to help make that journey to wellness an easy one.